Whether your favored mode of transportation is by car or by plane, you will always want a hassle-free travel experience. Space is often limited during travel, which is why Travel CPAP Machines are designed to be lightweight and compact. And better yet, travel machine accessories make it even easier to take everything with you, wherever and whenever you go. Don’t let sleep apnea stop your travel plans this year!
Read the tips below to ensure smooth travels with your Travel CPAP Machine:
Why You Need a Travel Machine!
Travel CPAP Machines allow for a relaxing travel experience. The lightweight machine makes it simple and easy to bring everything with you. You don’t need to worry about traveling without your therapy ever again!
One of the worst things you can do before traveling is failing to plan. When preparing for a trip, whether it is long or short, you will want to ensure you have all your supplies you need to continue your treatment away from home. Always remember that skipping even one night of treatment can put your health at risk.
- Plan to bring your travel machine as a carry-on for plane trips to avoid any damage or lost luggage - travel CPAP machines do NOT count as an extra carry-on, it does not count against your baggage allowance.
- Disconnect your humidifier from the machine. You don’t want any water leaks throughout your travels.
- If you use a water chamber with your machine, make sure you allow it to dry prior to your travels.
- Bring an appropriate amount of supplies to avoid any possible stress. We recommend packing extra tubing or filters, as it is common for supplies to be misplaced or damaged.
Avoid the Rush to Arrive at the Airport!
Travel machines are hassle-free. We highly recommend all travel CPAP machines to be brought with you as a carry-on to avoid any damage from inside a checked bag. We offer carrying cases for travel machines, so all you have to worry about is placing the CPAP machine in its own container before it scans through an X-ray machine.
- It is common routine for your machine to be swabbed, but the process should be quick.
- A lot of people around the world suffer from sleep apnea, so expect security workers to recognize your device at security.
Batteries are the perfect back-up in case your CPAP machine loses its power. Our rechargeable batteries are portable and great for use during an overnight flight, camping trips, or long car rides.
- Don’t worry if your plane or car doesn’t have an outlet- portable batteries can be used during an overnight ride instead!
- Some travel machines offer a multi-night rechargeable battery (great for camping)!
Enjoy your travel machine as much as you would enjoy your vacation. Click here for your travel machine options!
Disclaimer: The information provided on CPAPnation.com is solely for educational purposes and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. CPAPnation.com is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site. Reliance on any information provided by CPAPnation.com is solely at your own risk.